NEXUS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., D/B/A TSI (“TSI”) is a service provided by Nexus Communications, Inc., ("Nexus")
Existing NEXUS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., D/B/A TSI ("TSI") tariffs govern the Services. Tariffs which are officially on file with the various state public utilities commissions and the Federal Communication Commission ("FCC") supersede any terms related to the Services.
TSI may from time to time offer access through its website for users to obtain access to tariffs which are officially on file with the various state public utilities commissions and the FCC. However, users who access tariffs online should be aware that the documents accessible through the website herein may not be the official documents and users assume sole responsibility for any reliance on the tariffs available through this website. TSI bears no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of documents available through this website.
The following TSI Terms and Conditions of Service contains extremely important information about your rights as a subscriber, and by qualifying and/or enrolling in the TSI service (or Service) and/or by making a call on your TSI you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions of service and the following Terms and Conditions of Service are a legally binding agreement between you as the subscriber and Nexus;
TSI Lifeline service requires: (1) eligibility for the Lifeline program in accordance with FCC regulation and (2) residence within the service coverage area.
TSI subscribers are solely responsible for paying all charges including, but not limited to all applicable surcharges, fees, taxes, and regulatory charges. TSI subscribers are responsible for all charges applicable to the subscriber. Changes to a surcharge, fee or tax will become effective as provided by the taxing authority and change to applicable contribution amounts for the Federal Universal Service Fund ("FUSF").Other regulatory charges may become effective immediately.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TSI MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, OR PERFORMANCE REGARDING ANY SERVICES OR GOODS, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL TSI BE LIABLE, WHETHER OR NOT DUE TO ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE, (a) act or omission of a third party; (b) damage or injury caused by the use of service or Device, including use in a vehicle; (c) mistakes, omissions, interruptions, errors, failures to transmit, delays or defects in the service provided by or through us; (d) claim against you by third parties; (e) damage or injury caused by a suspension or termination of service by TSI; or (f) damage or injury caused by failure or delay in connecting a call to 911 or any other emergency service.
Unless applicable law precludes parties from contracting to so limit liability, and provided such law does not discriminate against arbitration clauses, TSI shall not be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential losses or damages you or any third party may suffer by use of, or inability to use, service or device provided by or through TSI, including loss of business or goodwill, revenue or profits, or claims of personal injuries.
To the full extent allowed by law, you hereby release, indemnify, and hold TSI and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims of any person or entity for damages of any nature arising in any way from or relating to, directly or indirectly, service provided by Nexus or any person's use thereof (including, but not limited to, vehicular damage and personal injury), INCLUDING CLAIMS ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM THE ALLEGED NEGLIGENCE OF TSI. This obligation shall survive termination or expiration of your service with TSI.
TSI service blocks access to certain categories of numbers (e.g., 976, 900 and international destinations) at the sole discretion of TSI.
TSI also reserves the right to change or modify any of these TSI and Conditions of Service at any time and at TSI's sole discretion.
Your TSI account is non-transferrable.
Any changes or modifications to these TSI Terms and Conditions of Service will be binding once posted on the TSI website found at www.tsihomephone.com.
Service Activation Fee:
Your TSI Home PhoneT account requires a Service Activation Fee ("SAF"). However if you qualify for Lifeline your SAF will be waived.
If your TSI service is ever disconnected or suspended for any reason, a Service Activation Fee ("SAF") and new phone number may be required to reactivate TSI service.
TSI's rates and services are subject to change without notice.
TSI's subscribers acquire no proprietary interest in any telephone number assigned to their TSI account. TSI subscribers must accept the telephone number assigned to the TSI account at the time of activation, which shall be assigned at the sole discretion of TSI.
TSI's services are provided at TSI's sole discretion.
TSI may modify or cancel any Service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of TSI's terms and conditions.
TSI subscriber service can be reached by dialing 1-877-870-9111.
CHARGES YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
You are responsible for paying all charges for or resulting from services provided hereunder. Charges may include, without limitation: recurring monthly service, activation, administrative, returned-check and late payment charges; network and other surcharges; optional feature charges; toll, collect call and directory assistance charges; any other charges or calls charged to your phone number; and applicable taxes, surcharges and governmental fees, whether assessed directly upon you or upon TSI. TSI reserves the right to add its own charges to those charged by third parties. Payment for all charges is made in advance and there is no proration of such charges. Additional charges may apply for detailed information about your usage of services. unless otherwise specifically provided for hereunder any unused allotment of services from one monthly period will not carry over to the next monthly period.
TSI may provide information about and to make changes to TSI subscriber's accounts, including, but not limited to, suspending, deactivating, adding new service, changing service, providing information that my amount to Customer Proprietary Network Information ("CPNI") upon the direction of any person able to provide information TSI deems sufficient to identify you as the TSI subscriber.
Your caller identification information (such as your name and phone number) may be displayed on the equipment or bill of the person receiving your call; technical limitations may, in some circumstances, prevent you from blocking the transmission of caller identification information. You hereby consent to the use by TSI or our authorized agents of regular mail, predictive or autodialing equipment, email, text messaging, facsimile or other reasonable means to contact you the TSI subscriber to advise you about our services or other matters TSI may believe to be of interest to you the TSI subscriber. TSI reserves the right to contact you the TSI subscriber by any means regarding subscriber service related notifications, or other such information.
Intellectual Property: © 2012 Nexus Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. NEXUS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., D/B/A TSI ("TSI") logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of Nexus Communications, Inc., and/or Nexus Communications, Inc., affiliated companies. Service provided by Nexus Communications, Inc.
Overview of the Lifeline Program
NEXUS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., D/B/A TSI ("TSI") service offering is a part of a program that derives from the Universal Service Fund. The part of the program that TSI offers to qualified subscribers is called the Lifeline program. Lifeline provides discounts that make wireline and wireless telephone service more affordable for millions of Americans. The wireline and wireless companies that provide Lifeline are approved to participate in the Lifeline program of the Universal Service Fund for the revenue they forgo by providing discounted service to eligible consumers.
What is Lifeline Support?
Lifeline is a governement program that provides monthly support that lowers the cost of monthly local wireline or wireless telephone service. An eligible subscriber may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline or wireless connection, but the discount is available for only one telephone connection per household. Lifeline support may vary somewhat between states, and eligible consumers can receive a discount of $9.25 per month in most states. Lifeline support is non-transferable.
PROGRAM BASED ELIGIBILITY:
Generally under the program-based eligibility criteria, subscribers may be eligible to receive a Lifeline benefit if they participate in one or more of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch program free lunch program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program (TANF)
Some states allow Lifeline qualification based on additional government assistance programs. To determine if TSI provides service in your area you should refer to the TSI website found at www.tsihomephone.com.
Generally under the income-based eligibility criteria, subscribers may be eligible to receive a Lifeline benefit if their total combined household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines established by the U.S. Government. Some states allow qualification based on higher income amounts.
INCOME BASED ELIGIBILITY:
To demonstrate eligibility based upon income-based eligibility criteria, please fax or mail the following information:
- He or she acknowledges that Lifeline is a government assistance program and that willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program.
- He or she acknowledges that only Lifeline eligible consumers may enroll in the Lifeline Program.
- He or she acknowledges that only one Lifeline service is available per household, and that, to the best of his or her knowledge, no other person in his or her household is receiving a Lifeline service. (For purposes of Lifeline, a "household" is any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses.)
- He or she acknowledges that a household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers and that violation of this limitation constitutes a violation of the rules of the Federal Communications Commission and will result in de-enrollment from the Lifeline program. If he or she is participating in another Lifeline program at the time he or she applies for Lifeline service, he or she agrees to cancel that Lifeline service with any other provider.
- He or she acknowledges that Lifeline is non-transferable and that he or she may not transfer my benefit to any other person.
- He or she acknowledges that providing false or fraudulent information to receive Lifeline benefits is punishable by law.
- He or she will notify Nexus within 30 days if for any reason he or she no longer satisfies the criteria for receiving Lifeline services, such as no longer participating in any of qualifying program, or if he or she or a member of his or her household receives another Lifeline benefit.
- He or she acknowledges that he or she is may be required to re-certify to continued eligibility for Lifeline at any time, and that my failure to re-certify will result in de-enrollment and termination of Lifeline benefits.
- If he or she moves to a new address, he or she will provide the new address to Nexus within 30 days.
- If he or she provided a temporary address, he or she is required to verify my temporary address every 90 days. If he or she does not provide verification within 30 days, he or she will be de-enrolled from the Lifeline program.
- He or she authorizes Nexus to access any state or federal governmental records or database required to verify his or her statements herein and to confirm his or her continued eligibility for Lifeline and authorize social service agency representatives to discuss with and/or provide information to Nexus verifying his or her participation in programs that qualifies him or her for Lifeline. He or she also authorizes Nexus to release any records required for the administration of Nexus' Lifeline program, including to the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), to be used in a Lifeline Program Database. He or she understands that the records are required to ensure the proper administration of the Lifeline program and that failure to provide consent will result in the applicant being denied the Lifeline service.
- He or she certifies that the information contained in his or her certification is true and correct to the best of his or her knowledge.
Upon written request, applicants who do not meet the Lifeline program eligibility requirements will be provided with the reason for non-eligibility.
TSI cannot certify or verify your eligibility for Lifeline service without the submission of the last four digits of your Social Security Number. The information is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed without your consent.
Description of Annual Recertification/Verification
Every TSI subscriber enrolled in the Lifeline program is required by FCC regulations to recertify on an annual basis to remain eligible to receive benefits under the Lifeline program.
If TSI determines, in its sole discretion, that a subscriber fails to recertify for Lifeline benefits, such subscriber will be deemed ineligible to participate in the Lifeline program and will no longer receive the monthly Lifeline discount.
TSI subscribers who fail to meet the annual recertification requirement, may remain as a TSI subscriber; however, that subscriber will no longer receive Lifeline benefits.
Upon the request of a state and/or federal authority, a TSI subscriber's enrollment may also be cancelled. TSI reserves the right to cancel the enrollment of any subscriber and suspend or deactivate any TSI phone for any fraud related reasons.
OPTION TO DE-ENROLL.
TSI subscribers have the ability to de-enroll from the Lifeline program at any time for any reason. Subscribers who choose to de-enroll from the Lifeline program will no longer be entitled to receive the monthly Lifeline discount. Subscribers who voluntarily de-enrolled from the Lifeline program and seek to qualify at a later time will be required to re-qualify for the Lifeline pursuant to the appropriate federal and/or state rules associated with verification of Lifeline. Subscribers who voluntarily de-enroll from the Lifeline program will be required to do so in writing and must provide TSI program sufficient information for TSI to conclusively determine the subscriber's identity. All de-enrollments should be sent to::
Nexus Communications, Inc., d/b/a TSI (“TSI”)
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Voluntarily de-enrollments can also be sent in writing via fax to: 740-548-1173